I’ve released a new version of autoMetaDescSEO, fixing many of the problems – including the stupid name – of the first release.
I’ve changed the name to SEOSimple to better reflect the fact that the Joomla 1.5 plugin project has expanded to include a few more useful SEO features.
Briefly, features of SEOSimple include:
– Auto generation of meta description tags for all pages/articles that don’t have a description tag set in the backend’s Article Manager. If if you wish to override the auto meta description generation, simply include a custom tag in the individual article’s parameters.
– Able to turn off auto-generation of meta description tags for the site’s front page – and instead use Joomla’s meta data information setting (set in the site configuration).
– Ability to re-write Joomla’s default HTML title tags, using several configurations:
- [CONTENT TITLE] | [SITE NAME]
- [SITE NAME] | [CONTENT TITLE]
- [CONTENT TITLE] (Joomla 1.5 default)
You can also customize what the separator is (in this ex. it’s a pipe, can be any character).
** Additionally, you can customize the front page of your site’s title tag to display a custom string. So rather than just have:
Home | [SITE NAME] -or- Front Page | [SITE NAME]
For more information about the plugin, as well as the download link – please see the SEOSimple official home page.